Seven Years of Indian Cyber Law.pdf
Indian Cyber Laws were official born on 17th October 2000 with the Information Technology Act, 2000 coming into force. This ebook discusses 7 interesting case laws that highlight the development of cyber legal jurisprudence in India over the last 7 years.
This ebook begins with a short outline of the various rules, regulations and orders that have been passed over the last 7 years. It then moves onto a brief discussion on the Indian law relating to cyber pornography and features the Avnish Bajaj (CEO of baazzee.com – now a part of the ebay group of companies) case.
The next issue covered by this paper is that of protected systems and features the Firos vs. State of Kerala case. The highly topical issue of tampering with computer source code is discussed next along with the Syed Asifuddin case.
The importance of the amendments to the Banker’s Books Evidence Act is discussed next in the context of the State Bank of India vs. Rizvi Exports Ltd case. The issue of admissibility of electronic records is discussed in the context of the State vs. Mohd. Afzal and others case also known as the Parliament attack case.
The ebook ends with two cases, one focusing on whether an ATM is a computer and the other on the place of an electronic contract.
Author: Rohas Nagpal, President, Asian School of Cyber Laws
- ABOUT THIS PAPER
- JURISPRUDENCE OF INDIAN CYBER LAW
- 1. CYBER PORNOGRAPHY [ AVNISH BAJAJ VS. STATE (N.C.T.) OF DELHI ]
- 2. ACCESSING PROTECTED SYSTEM [ FIROS VS. STATE OF KERALA ]
- 3. TAMPERING WITH COMPUTER SOURCE CODE [ SYED ASIFUDDIN AND ORS. VS. THE STATE OF ANDHRA PRADESH & ANR. ]
- 4. BANKER’S BOOKS EVIDENCE ACT [ STATE BANK OF INDIA VS. RIZVI EXPORTS LTD ]
- 5. ADMISSIBILITY OF ELECTRONIC RECORDS [ STATE VS. MOHD. AFZAL AND OTHERS ]
- 6. IS ATM A COMPUTER? [ DIEBOLD SYSTEMS PVT LTD VS. THE COMMISSIONER OF COMMERCIAL ]
- 7. PLACE OF ELECTRONIC CONTRACT [ P.R. TRANSPORT AGENCY VS. UNION OF INDIA & OTHERS ]
PLEASE FILL RECAPTCHA BELOW TO GET THE LINK(S)TO DOWNLOAD/READ ONLINE THE CURRENT MATERIAL